The company was founded in 1,000 sq. ft. of “as is” office space on the 2nd floor in the Northlake Plaza office building in Fremont (936 North 34th Street, Seattle). We briefly shared the space with The Campaign to End Hunger.
In early 1992, the company moved into space on the 8th floor of the Westlake Center Office Tower (1601 5th Avenue, Seattle). The space had previously been occupied by a graphic design firm; we used it
“as is.” It was cool space.
In early 1994, the company leased two floors (17 and 18) in the 520 Pike Tower (520 Pike Street, Seattle). The terms of the lease included a custom build-out to Visio’s specifications. We eventually expanded
to the 16th floor as well. We still overflowed the space and expanded into two nearby downtown office buildings (below).
A portion of development relocated to the Park Place Building (1200 6th Avenue, Seattle) when the company overflowed 520 Pike.
Sales moved into space in the 720 Olive Way office tower (720 Olive Way, Seattle) when the company overflowed 520 Pike.
In the spring of 1999, Visio consolidated its Seattle offices in a newly built, 6-story building on the Seattle waterfront known as World Trade Center East (2211 Elliott Avenue, Seattle). Picture above
is of the west-facing façade.
Visio International Limited, Visio’s European operation and localization center, was located on the top floors of a new building at Grand Canal Plaza in Dublin, Ireland.
About four years after the acquisition by Microsoft, the Visio team moved into Microsoft’s massive Building 36 with other Microsoft Office teams.